Tarkett receives jury's special prize at Best Innovator Awards
13/05/2013 – The Group was rewarded for its strategy and management of Innovation during the 7th Best Innovator Awards, organized by A.T. Kearney in April 2013, in Paris - France.
Tarkett’s innovation strategy, one of the pillars of its organic growth, articulated around eco-innovation, modular solutions and industrial processes leadership, contributes to the implementation of the Group’s environmental strategy based on the Cradle to Cradle and circular economy principles.
“We have created a framework that enables us to foster creativity in order to develop new solutions that are either breakthroughs or improvements to our offering. We have put in place processes and the organizational structure enabling us to explore and manage new ideas and successfully conduct the best projects", said Anne-Christine Ayed, Executive Vice President for Research, Innovation & Environment of the Tarkett Group.
Tarkett has developed a robust process of innovation based on:
- A process of idea generation and management (creativity sessions generate over 60 new concepts a year).
- The management of technological expertise through a network of in-house and external experts, and driven by a Scientific Council composed of world-renowned members.
- Market knowledge and a focus on the needs of different customer categories (architects, designers, fitters, distributors etc.).
- External partnerships (suppliers, universities, research centers etc.).
- A mapped industrial property management process.
This approach is completed by a rigorous management of the group innovation portfolio by the Executive Committee on a monthly basis.
R&D and innovation mobilize 120 employees worldwide spread across the group’s R&I center in Luxembourg and 24 application laboratories in 11 countries. Tarkett owns a portfolio of 145 patents and registers 10-15 new patents a year.